Enrolment August – 2020
September 2020 applicants
We understand there may be students still looking for a sixth form place due to these unprecedented times. If you wish to study at any of our Christ the King Sixth Forms from September 2020, please apply online (links to apply now page) and we will be in touch regarding your application asap.
Following the Government announcement that schools and sixth forms can re-open fully from September, we are really pleased to be able to welcome back all our students in September 2020 and for us all to reunite as a sixth form community.
We want to reassure you that we will be closely following and implementing the Government guidance, to ensure we are operating in a safe environment for our students and staff.
Some of the steps we will be taking:
- The introduction of bubbles, which will be sub groups of students.
- Sanitizer hand stations will be set up across the sixth forms.
- There will be no large gatherings such as Hall Meetings.
- Breaks and lunches will be staggered, with longer serving times.
- Introducing more ‘grab and go food’ in the canteen and an increase in outside seating areas for students to eat their lunch.
- Ensuring students do not gather off site but to go straight home.
- Some areas such as The Chaplaincy Common Room which can become very busy will remain closed.
- Introducing more bookable appointments for Chaplaincy support, Counselling and Careers.
- In areas such as the LRC students will be asked to wear face coverings.
- Increased number of cleaning staff on site to ensure toilets and shared areas can be regularly cleaned.
- Reduced number of visitors on site, wherever possible parental/guardian meetings will be held remotely.
- Encouraging students to walk or cycle to sixth form where possible, rather than using public transport.
Enrolment starting on the 20th August
We are looking forward to welcoming our new class of 2020 students on site for enrolment in August. We have set up enrolment in a safe, socially distanced environment so that you can meet teaching staff and discuss your chosen programme of study for September.
We know it has been a really difficult few months and we hope your GCSE results go well. We will be liaising closely with your Headteacher following your results being issued on the 20th August.
We will send you an email with your enrolment time and the full details, it’s really important you attend at the time you have been given.
We look forward to seeing you!
A Level results day
If you need advice following results day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional funding Free School Meals – summer
Due to the unprecedented nature of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Government announced on Friday 10th July that they are providing additional funding to enable FE institutions to continue to provide meals over the 2020 summer holiday to students eligible for free meals in FE in the 2019 to 2020 academic year. FSM students will each receive £73 to cover the summer break. This is the free meals rate of £2.41 x 5 meals each week over the 6 week summer holiday period. This payment will be made to FSM students before the end of July.