Coronavirus – Latest Update
Christ The King Sixth Forms remains closed to all students, until further notice.
The information we have been waiting for from Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England) has just been announced.
Ofqual have made the decision on how grades will be awarded, to summarise the key information; Ofqual have asked Schools or Colleges to send two pieces of information to exam boards for each subject. Firstly, the grade they believe students were most likely to get if teaching, learning and exams had taken place this summer (they have called this a centre assessment grade).
Secondly, Ofqual have asked each school/college to rank students in order of performance, for each subject. We have been asked to consider a range of things, such as classwork, homework, results in assignments and any mock exams; any non-exam assessment or coursework and general progress on the course.
It is important that your son or daughter continues to engage fully in their online learning, lessons and submits work. Teachers’ judgements will not be made until the end of May.
Ofqual and the exam boards will standardise across schools and colleges to make sure that, as far as possible, results are fair and that students are not advantaged or disadvantaged because their schools or college have been more generous, or harsh than others. That means the final grade awarded could be different from the one the college sends to the exam board. As part of their guidance Ofqual have stated that schools and colleges must not, under any circumstances, share the centre assessment grades nor the rank order of students with students, or their parents/carers or any other individuals outside the centre, before final results have been issued. Therefore, we will not be able to share this information with parents or carers in advance of final results.
Information regarding re-sits for students wanting to sit their exams has not been confirmed yet and we are still awaiting for an announcement regarding the awarding of BTEC grades,
When Ofqual make any further announcements, we will update you with the full information.
Further information can be found here;
Ofqual guidance for parents and carers: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877842/Summer_2020_grades_for_GCSE_AS_A_level_EPQ_AEA_in_maths_-_guidance_for_teachers_students_parents.pdf
We hope that this information gives clarity for parents and carers and alleviates any concerns you may have had regarding exam grades for GCSE and A Level courses.
Coronavirus – Important Information
- Students should check their College emails, teachers will be setting and marking classwork. Students have been fully briefed on how to study from home using online systems, Microsoft Teams, Moodle and email. If you have any IT issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting the College
- Executive Deputy Principal Ms Crampton will be sending students regular updates during this time. If you need to contact us during this time, please contact staff on their usual email address. If you have not heard back within 24 hours or the matter is urgent please contact us via email@example.com
- Any students that had College trips booked will receive refunds by 3rd April, if you have any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not yet know what the Government’s plans for awarding grades will be, in light of Summer exams being cancelled, students should be encouraged to keep completing work set and submitting all work, please continue to check your email for updates.
- FSM will continue to be paid until the end of the academic year.
- We understand that during these difficult times, that suppliers will appreciate payment as soon as possible. Therefore at present, we will pay local and medium suppliers within 14 days, rather than our usual 30 day period. Any questions please contact email@example.com
STUDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE FOR STUDY AT CHRIST THE KING SIXTH FORMS IN 2020
- Please rest assured that this will not affect your application. Once we know what the Government’s plans for awarding grades is, we will update you.
STUDENTS WHO HAVE APPLIED FOR A PLACE FOR STUDY AT CHRIST THE KING SIXTH FORMS IN 2020
- Rest assured that offers will continue to be made and phone interviews will take place in these unprecedented times.
STUDENTS WHO WISH TO APPLY FOR A PLACE AT CHRIST THE KING SIXTH FORMS 2020
- Applications will remain open, you can apply online or download an application form. We will be touch once we receive your application.
Any students who have applied for a place at Christ the King Sixth Forms, wish to apply, or have been offered a place and have any queries, should email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to keep you updated via email and website announcements on our website, please also keep up to date with Government guidance which is updated daily on www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
We keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.